How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
Is it time to upgrade your vehicle in Helena? The easiest way to sell your current car is by going to your local dealership and oftentimes, they will let you trade it in for extra cash for your new car. Whether you’re looking to trade in your vehicle or you just want to sell it to Honda of Great Falls, learn how to sell a car at a dealership below.
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
You get ready for the process by cleaning up your vehicle, researching its value, and considering different dealers in the Missoula area. Here is the process in more detail:
- Clean Up Your Car: When you have your car washed and detailed, you can likely increase the value of your vehicle before you bring it to the dealership.
- Write Down the Benefits Of Your Car: Think about why the dealer should buy your car. It will help when you have a detailed history of the maintenance record of your vehicle, a list of its additional features, and a list of its accessories like extra key fobs or bike mounts. Plus, this can help increase the value of your vehicle as well.
- Have Your Car’s Title on Hand: You should also have your vehicle’s title ready when you sell it, so you can get your offer faster.
- Research Your Car’s Value: Use tools from Cars.com, Kelley Blue Book, or your local dealership to find the trade-in value of your car. You can use this number to negotiate your price or get an approximate value for what the dealer is willing to buy your car for near Lewistown.
- Pick Your Dealership Wisely: If you have a newer, gently used vehicle then most dealerships will buy it regardless of their inventory or the car’s initial condition. However, if you have an older model car then you may find it’s easier to sell it at a used car dealership instead.
What to Expect
Once you’ve done your preparation, this is what you’ll do to complete the sale:
- Make an Appointment: While you can walk into a dealership and sell your car, it’s best to make an appointment, so the dealer knows when to expect you.
- Used Car Manager: Most dealerships will direct you to a Used Car Manager or a salesperson to handle the sale. They’ll collect your information and then run a vehicle history report on your car.
- Inspection: In some cases, the Used Car Manager will inspect your vehicle, or they’ll have it taken to their service center for an inspection of its quality and mechanical condition.
- Consider the Offer: Based on what the dealership offers you, you can either accept the offer or go to another dealership to see if you can get a better offer.
Sell Your Car to Honda of Great Falls!
Honda of Great Falls will buy your car whether you want one of our models or not! Get in touch with us today and feel free to learn more car-buying tips from our finance team as well.
More from Honda of Great Falls
Climbing up the ladder to become the most powerful Type R in the lineup’s 30-year history, the 2023 Honda Civic Type-R is a highly anticipated model. While this vehicle is based on the all-new 11th generation Civic Hatchback, it has its unique features that provide a thrilling addictive driving experience in Helena. Discover more…
When one of the most beloved SUVs is getting a major upgrade, many drivers like yourself are curious to see what’s new and if the changes will make this model even more popular. The 2023 Honda HR-V didn’t just come back for the new model year, but it’s coming back with several changes to…
In the market for a new midsize pickup truck that is both powerful and fuel-efficient? Consider the Honda Ridgeline! The 2022 Honda Ridgeline is capable enough to both tackle your work in the Helena area and your outdoor adventures. Read on to see the Honda Ridgeline gas mileage breakdown below and then apply for…